By Bethany Voyt
Located between Charleston and Savannah, the charming coastal town of Beaufort is a popular filming location for major motion pictures. Subscribers can save more than 55% on "Beaufort Movie Tour" tickets through Dec. 31, 2013.
Why we love it
- Beaufort was recently named "Happiest Seaside Town" by Coastal Living magazine
- Riders get a free sweet treat during a pit stop at The Chocolate Tree
- Subscribers can choose single tickets, tickets for four, or rent the whole van
- More than a dozen movies were filmed here, including "Forrest Gump," "The Big Chill" and "The Prince of Tides"
Tours are available Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. through Dec. 31
Beaufort Movie Tour LLC
1006 Bay S
Beaufort, SC 29902
Tel: (843) 605-3914
- One adult ticket for $9.50 (reg. $22)
- Four tickets for $35 (reg. $88)
- Option to rent the entire van (seats 14) for $99 (reg. $308)
- Admission to an air-conditioned van tour of movie locations and historic houses (approximately one-hour tour)
- Movie locations include the Gump Medical Center from "Forrest Gump," the National Cemetery where "The Great Santini" was buried and "The Big Chill" funeral procession bridge
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Sept. 13, 2013. Reservations must be made in advance by calling (843) 605-3914. Vouchers should be printed and brought to the van upon boarding. Tours depart from the Beaufort Marina at 1006 Bay St. Meet at the benches on the Waterfront Park side of the Marina. Ask for directions at the Marina store if you have trouble finding it. You have purchased this voucher directly from Travelzoo, so no additional payment beyond tax and gratuity, if applicable, is required.
See all terms