By Travelzoo Staff
Michelin-starred chef Joseph Humphrey opened Dixie in May to rave reviews -- "an innovative and nearly flawless meal" (SF Chronicle); "terrific food that satisfies both belly and palate" (SF Weekly) -- in a venue in the Presidio that is the crowning culmination of his 20-year career. With this exclusive Local Deal, two people can dine on a seasonal, five-course tasting menu of signature Southern dishes, with drink pairings hand-picked by Chef Humphrey, for $89.
Why we love it
- Dixie, located in the Presidio, opened in May and serves "West Coast cooking with a Low Country lilt" (San Francisco Magazine)
- For $89, let Michelin-starred chef Joseph Humphrey take you on a 5-course journey, including drink pairings for 2
- SF Weekly says the venue serves "terrific food that satisfies both belly and palate"
- Or for $59, get the same signature taste of Dixie on a smaller scale with a 3-course tasting menu
Jan. 28, 2013 - July 28, 2013
1 Letterman Drive, Building D, Suite 150
(Corner of Chestnut and Lyon Streets)
San Francisco, CA 94129
- Let the plates do the talking as you tuck into five courses that best tell the story of Dixie. The restaurant relies on highly seasonal ingredients, so the items listed below may change, but your meal could include dishes like:
- Sunchoke panna cotta, smoked oysters, crispy brussels sprouts and dandelion juice
- Acorn grits, soft-poached egg, duck crackling and sea urchin butter
- Chicken-fried quail, roasted trumpet mushrooms, spiced pecans and bourbon butter
- Grass-fed beef, coffee and chicories
- Bananas Foster souffle with malted milk chocolate ice cream
- Each course comes with a signature cocktail, wine or beer pairing, subject to the discretion of the chef.
- Or for $59, two people can dine on a three-course tasting menu of the signature "West Coast cooking with a Low Country lilt" (San Francisco Magazine).
Spend the day in the Presidio and head to The Walt Disney Family Museum
before dinner, and save 50% on the regular price of adult admission.
The fine print
Note: When using OpenTable to make reservations, please state if you are using a 3-course or 5-course dinner voucher. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, Jan. 28, through July 28, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. This voucher is valid for 2 diners only. Limit 6 vouchers per table. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends, including but not limited to Valentine's Day (Feb. 14) and Mother's Day (May 12). See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms