By Caroline Patience
For $79, take part in an interactive Indian cooking class with dinner at SoMa-based Route to India, which earns a 4.5-star rating from Yelp users.
Why we love it
- Class helps demystify Indian cooking; learn about spices and how to source them
- "From the batter to the filling to the chutneys" you'll make "every bit of the meal" (Afar)
- Route to India receives 4.5 stars from Yelp reviewers
- Yelpers praise owner-chef Nalini for her engaging classes and breadth of knowledge
- Produce is sourced from farmers' markets and spices are imported from India
Oct. 22, 2013 - Dec. 22, 2013
Route to India
16 Jessie St.
San Francisco, CA 94105
- $79 for a three-hour Indian cooking class for one person (reg. $150)
$150 for a three-hour Indian cooking class for two people (reg. $300)
Intimate classes begin with prep working and instruction and conclude with an informal, family-style dinner where you can dine on your creations
Choose from a handful of classes about Indian paneer and legumes, dosa-making, Ayurvedic cooking and spices (class content and subject matter depends on date selected)
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed from the next available class. Reservations required and must be made three days prior to desired class date; subject to availability. Reservations must be made online; follow booking instructions on voucher. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies. Limit one voucher purchase per person; may buy two additional as gifts.
See all terms