By Travelzoo Staff
Finally fulfill that dream of conquering the road on a motorcycle. Get started with an all-inclusive beginner lesson for $115, regularly $250, from Bay Riders Group -- which gets a 4.5-star rating on Yelp.
Why we love it
- No license needed for all-inclusive beginner lessons
- Get hands-on experience driving a motorcycle or scooter
- 4.5-star rating on Yelp, with more than 60 reviews
- More than 350 likes on Facebook
July 1, 2013 - Dec. 19, 2013
Bay Riders Group
Meeting location varies
San Francisco, CA
- No experience or equipment is needed. You'll get approximately a two-hour lesson as one of Bay Riders trainers teaches you all of the necessary techniques, like proper use of the hand and foot controls, mastering the clutch and friction point, changing gears and more. Students will train on "Nancy," a 250cc Honda Nighthawk, and the lesson location will be determined upon booking.
- More advanced riders can brush up on their skills with a private, intermediate class for $165, regularly $350. Participants must have an M1 motorcycle license and own a motorcycle and gear. Or for $89, save $91 on a beginner scooter lesson. For those not ready for a motorcycle, hop on a 50cc Metropolitan scooter and practice basics like starting, stopping, braking, turning and more.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Monday, July1, through Dec. 19, 2013. Reservations are required. All lessons take place twice a day (11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. or 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.) Wednesday-Sunday only. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies on weekdays; 72 hours on weekends. Must be 5 feet, 2 inches or taller for the motorcycle lesson. A $200 cash deposit is required the day of your lesson; it will be refunded if the motorcycle or scooter is returned in the same condition as you received it. Must sign liability contract here. For the $165 voucher, must have a valid M1 motorcycle license and provide own motorcycle and gear. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms