By Travelzoo Staff
The de Young museum garners a 4.5-star rating on TripAdvisor. For half off, two people of any age can visit this world-class institution with general admission passes to view masterpieces of every medium. Your de Young general admission ticket also gives you free same-day access to de Young's sister museum Legion of Honor in Lincoln Park.
Why we love it
- Rated 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor
- For $11, this deal is valid for 2 people of any age
- Also get same-day access to the Legion of Honor museum
June 12, 2013 - Sept. 1, 2013
de Young Golden Gate Park
50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive
San Francisco, CA 94118
- This Local Deal is valid through Aug. 31, allowing you to see the museum's summer exhibits, such as "Eye Level in Iraq: Photographs by Kael Alford and Thorne Anderson" (through June 16); "Objects of Belief from the Vatican" (through Sept 8); "Mapping the Contemporary Print" (through July 7); "From the Exotic to the Mystical: Textile Treasures from the Permanent Collection" (through Aug. 4); "The Errand of the Eye: Photographs by Rose Mandel" (opening June 22); and "Modeled Bodies" (opening July 13). Admission regularly costs $10 per ticket, plus $1 online processing fee for each.
- Boasting panoramic views of the city, de Young has a collection that exceeds 27,000 works, mostly American art of all periods and mediums. Legion of Honor contains more than 124,000 works and is known for its European and ancient art as well as having one of the largest collections of works on paper in the country.
- Note: Beginning June 22, you can upgrade your general admission ticket on-site to view the special exhibition "Richard Diebenkorn: The Berkeley Years, 1953-1966" for up to $12 more (upgrade not available online).
The fine print
General admission tickets can be purchased starting Wednesday, June 12, and expire Aug. 31, 2013. Must make reservations online by clicking here or the "Buy Now" button. Use discount code TRAVELZOO to get the discount. All sales and reservations are final; once your reservation is made, you cannot re-schedule your arrival date without forfeiting your tickets. Children ages 12 and under get free general admission; special exhibitions are free for ages 5 and under. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms