By Travelzoo Staff
This summer, both kids and adults can learn to surf on Stinson Beach with veteran surfer Tommy Glavey and his team of instructors. At Stinson Beach Surf Camp, children and teens (6-17) can take to the waves in a one- or three-day surf camp for all skill levels. Adults can also get in on the action with private lessons from Tamalpais Surf Club.
Why we love it
- Learn to surf this summer with trained instructors
- Camps maintain a 4-1 student-teacher ratio
- Stinson Beach has a 4.5-star rating on Yelp
- While kids are at camp, adults can take a private lesson
June 14, 2013 - Sept. 13, 2013
Stinson Beach Surf Camp
- Campers spend the day surfing with a staff of CPR-trained surfers and lifeguards, and also take part in beach games like football, soccer and sand planking. A 4-1 student-teacher ratio ensures one-on-one attention, and a Certified Ocean Lifeguard is always on duty.
- Select from these options:
- One-day surf camp (ages 6-17): $39, reg. $100
- Three-day surf camp (ages 6-17): $119, reg. $300
- Private two-hour lesson for one (ages 9 and up): $45, reg. $100
- Private two-hour lesson for two (ages 9 and up): $89, reg. $200
- Camps are Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; separate sessions are held for ages 6-12 and 13-17. Lessons are offered Thursday-Sunday from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. and designed for beginner to intermediate surfers. Campers get a soft foam surfboard, wetsuit, rash guard, bottled water and camp T-shirt. Private lessons include surfboard and wetsuit.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed for camps and lessons starting Thurs., June 20, through Sept. 13, 2013. Reservations required at least 72 hours in advance; subject to availability and weather. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends, including July 4. Must be 6-17 for camps. Must be 9 or older for lessons. Limit 1 camp voucher per child. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 2 additional may be purchased as gifts. Must sign waiver. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms