By Travelzoo Staff
With the America's Cup kicking off on July 4, all eyes are on the Bay. Get out on the water before the competition starts with a two-hour sailing on the Freda B, a classic 80-foot schooner. For $35, regularly up to $80, choose between two different sailings from Sausalito-based SF Bay Adventures.
Why we love it
- For $35 per person, regularly up to $80, set sail on the Bay for 2 hours with SF Bay Adventures
- Pick between a Friday night Sunset Sail or Local History and Wildlife Sail on Saturday mornings
- Sip a glass of sparkling wine as you soak up the city's most iconic sights
- Check out the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island, Alcatraz and the city's skyline
Both sailings depart from the Sausalito Yacht Harbor in downtown Sausalito
April 8, 2013 - June 28, 2013
SF Bay Adventures
Sausalito Yacht Harbor: Slip 907
100 Bay Street
Sausalito, CA 94965
- Kick off the sailing with a welcome glass of sparkling wine and set out onto the Bay, taking in the city's most famous landmarks, including the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. Choose from the following two sailings:
- The Sunset Sail departs on Friday evenings, and travels from Sausalito toward San Francisco, offering uninterrupted views of the Marin Headlands and city skyline. Snack on a cheese and fruit plate while watching the sunset from the boat's deck.
- The captain-led Local History and Wildlife Sail departs on Saturday mornings. Learn about the city's history on this guided tour of the Bay and be on the look out for local marine life, like seals, sea lions, sea birds and porpoises. Breakfast pastries and coffee are included.
- Trips leave from the Sausalito Yacht Harbor in downtown Sausalito, across the street from the Casa Madrona Hotel. The Freda B accommodates up to 49 people; guests are invited to help hoist the sail, take a turn at the helm or simply kick back and relax. Additional drinks are available for purchase (cash only).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, April 12, through June 28, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made online. See booking instructions on voucher. The Sunset Sail runs on select Friday evenings at sunset; boarding takes place one hour before sunset. Please confirm boarding time online. The Local History and Wildlife Sail runs on select Saturdays at 9:45 a.m. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Subject to weather conditions. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms