By Travelzoo Staff
Aquarium of the Bay on The Embarcadero is home to more than 20,000 aquatic animals and pumps 700,000 gallons of bay water through 300 feet of acrylic tunnels. Frommer's praises the marine haven as "exceptional" and gives it its highest rating of 3 stars. Travelzoo subscribers can visit this popular attraction for just $9, and save 50% on the regular price of admission. Or, use this voucher on a child or senior admission, regularly $10.
Why we love it
- Frommer's gives Aquarium of the Bay 3 stars, an "exceptional" rating
- For $9 per person, visit this aquarium on The Embarcadero in SF and save 50%
- It contains 300 feet of acrylic tunnels holding 700,000 gallons of bay water with more than 20,000 animals
- Check the free-with-admission daily visitor program for activities like sea star feedings and encounters with a red-eared slider turtle
Dec. 21, 2012 - March 31, 2013
Aquarium of the Bay
Pier 39, Embarcadero and Beach St.
San Francisco, CA 94133
- The aquarium is family friendly and good for all ages. Visit the three main areas:
- Discover The Bay: Explore eight exhibits that mimic the many ecosystems of the area
- Under The Bay: Get an underwater view of schools of anchovies, jellies and the giant Pacific octopus
- Touch The Bay: Get up close and personal at the touch pools, where you can feel the tips of a stingy ray and the texture of a sea star
Our Deal Experts have sourced more than 100 Local Deals across the U.S. and Canada for our Holiday Gift Guide
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, Jan. 2, through March 31, 2013. Present voucher at the box office on the day you wish to visit. Not valid for SharktoberFest, FilmFest or Family Sleepover. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms