By Travelzoo Staff
Acclaimed Bay Area chef Eskender Aseged, originally from Ethiopia, has risen to fame during the past 25 years, most notably for creating the pop-up version of Radio Africa & Kitchen. Two diners can visit the permanent home in Bayview for a 5-course chef's tasting menu for $55, regularly $96.
Why we love it
- "Afri-Cali cuisine that [tastes] familiar and extraordinary" (SF Examiner)
- First brick-and-mortar outpost for the NYT-praised chef
- 4-star average rating from Yelp and OpenTable users
- "Inventive and elegant cooking ... in an atmosphere of festivity" (SF Bay Guardian)
July 10, 2013 - Jan. 11, 2014
Radio Africa & Kitchen
4800 3rd St.
San Francisco, CA 94124
- The menu changes weekly, but a sample of a typical dinner offer can be found here. Make it a double date and bring a group of four for dinner for $109, regularly $192.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Thursday, July 11, through Jan. 11, 2014. Online reservations are required. Dinner hours are Tuesday-Saturday from 5:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. Limit 2 voucher purchases per person; 2 additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Not valid on Aug. 17, Sept. 14 and Sept. 28. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms