By Travelzoo Staff
Take advantage of the unseasonably warm temperatures this week and head to the American River for a white-water rafting adventure. For $75 per person, regularly $170, Travelzoo subscribers can embark on a full-day guided trip, including a barbecue lunch.
Why we love it
- For $75 per person (reg. $170), white-water raft down the American River with Pirate Rafting Company
- This full-day adventure comes with a barbecue lunch
- Each trip down Chili Bar Run has an experienced guide and is great for beginners
- Catch views of the surrounding canyons while you're on the river
July 18, 2013 - Sept. 30, 2013
Pirate Rafting Company
7308 Highway 49
Lotus, CA 95651
- Gear up for a ride down the scenic Chili Bar Run on the South Fork of the American River -- where you'll hit Class III rapids like the "Meat Grinder," "Triple Threat" and "Trouble Maker" -- any day through the end of August. Afterwards, relax with a barbecue lunch of hamburgers, hot dogs, fruit, salad, chips, cookies, lemonade and water.
- Note: Wetsuits may be required depending on weather; bring your own or they are available to rent on-site for an additional fee of $15 paid directly to the merchant.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, July 18, through Sept. 30, 2013 Reservations are required. Riders must be at least 8 years old. A 7-day cancellation policy applies. Subject to severe weather conditions. A minimum of 6 people is required for trips to take place. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms