By Travelzoo Staff
Sharpen your barbecue skills with a five-hour cooking class with Big Jim's BBQ, which garners a 4.5-star rating on Yelp. For $79 per person, regularly $185, take this hands-on class and learn about various grilling techniques and then dine on everything you cook.
Why we love it
- Become a grill master during a 5-hour barbecue cooking class
Learn how to cook on charcoal and gas grills and with a meat smoker
- Dine on creations like pulled pork and smoked salmon
- Classes are typically held on weekends from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
July 11, 2013 - Jan. 11, 2014
Big Jim's BBQ
Various locations (see website for all locations and upcoming classes)
San Francisco, CA
- Dishes may include baby back ribs, pulled pork, brisket, chicken, tri-tip, rib eye, vegetables, smoked salmon and special holiday recipes. Feast on your creations after class and leave with plenty of extras to take home.
- Big Jim -- born Jim Modesitt -- will take you through the basics of cooking on charcoal and gas grills and also provide instruction on how to use a meat smoker. Prepare your cuts with Jim's homemade dry rubs, marmalades, brines and barbecue sauce.
- Classes are typically held on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Classes are currently held in Marin County at the Marin Rod & Gun Club, in San Rafael, and American Legion Dugout Bar, in San Anselmo. See website for all locations and upcoming classes.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting from the first available class date through Jan. 11, 2014. Classes are typically held on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Reservations are required and must be made online. Classes are held at various locations; see website for all locations and upcoming classes. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms