By Travelzoo Staff
Take a 90-minute ride along the picturesque Mendocino coast, an area of Northern California The New York Times
says is unique for its "profound natural beauty and fierce independence." For $32, regularly $50, this trip leaves from Ricochet Ridge Ranch, two miles north of downtown Fort Bragg.
Why we love it
- For $32, regularly $50, horseback ride along Ten Mile Beach with Ricochet Ridge Ranch
- The 90-minute ride takes you through MacKerricher State Park and right onto the beach
- The park's dramatic headlands and arresting vistas receive a glowing 4.5-star Yelp rating
- Ricochet's owner Lari Shea has been a riding instructor for 32 years
- Pick between English- and Western-style riding
- Look for wildflowers along the trail as they come into bloom this spring
March 18, 2013 - June 28, 2013
Ricochet Ridge Ranch
24201 North Highway One
Fort Bragg, CA 95437
- The ranch has been operating for more than 25 years and receives a 4.5-star rating from more than 100 TripAdvisor reviewers. Upon arrival, riders are greeted by the friendly staff, who evaluate comfort and experience levels before pairing riders with their horses.
- The 90-minute guided ride follows a trail through MacKerricher State Park to Ten Mile Beach. Most of the ride is spent riding along the beach where you may stroll in the surf before heading back to the stables. Be on the lookout for migrating whales (through mid-April) and sea lions sunbathing on rocks just off shore.
- Rides are daily at 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m; all levels of experience are welcome. Private and longer rides are available directly through the merchant.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed through June 28, 2013. Reservations are required. Arrive 15 minutes prior to the departure time. Children must be 6 years old. Subject to weather conditions. You'll be asked to provide information regarding age, weight and experience level when making a reservation. Rides are daily at 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Not valid on holidays and holiday weekends. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms