By Travelzoo Staff
East of the Bay Area sits a less-explored wine country, home to more than 70 wineries and known for its old-vine zinfandel. Save more than 45% and take a midweek escape to Wine & Roses, a Lodi hotel that has "cultivated a sense of refinement typically associated with Napa or Carmel" (Fodor's).
Why we love it
- For $169 per night through Aug. 29, grab serene accommodations set amid a tapestry of informal gardens. Overnight stays on Fridays-Saturdays through July 27 are $20 more nightly.
- The deal includes a complimentary bottle of wine, $25 credit for the hotel's restaurant, wine tasting for two at the Lodi Wine & Visitor Center (located on premises), and a waived resort fee.
- Spacious rooms have a private patio or balcony with garden views, a marble bathroom with over-sized tub and down-filled bedding. Linger by the pool or pamper yourself in the spa, which offers organic, eco-friendly product lines. Settle into the lounge in the evening to sip wine and relax to the sounds of live piano music.
- Lodi "still retains an old rural charm," says Fodor's. "You can stroll downtown or visit a wildlife refuge, all the while benefiting from a Sacramento River delta breeze that keeps this micro-climate cooler in summer than anyplace else in the area." It is 1.5 hours from San Francisco.
Wine & Roses
2505 West Turner Road
Lodi, CA 95242
Tel: (209) 334-6988
What's included & when
- March 4, 2013 - Aug. 30, 2013
- Overnight retreat at Wine & Roses in Lodi, Calif., at more than 45% off
- $169 per night, Sunday-Thursday, or $189 per night over weekends
- $25 credit for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Wine tasting for 2
- Complimentary bottle of wine
- Waived resort fee
- Travel through Aug. 29
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 209-334-6988 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: March 5-6; April 19-20, May 2-3, 8-11, 16-18, 24-26, 30-31; June 7-9, 11, 14-15, 21-23, 28-29; July 3-6, 19; Aug. 21. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms