By Travelzoo Staff
Deemed a "temple of nature" by naturalist John Muir, Yosemite National Park -- a World Heritage Site -- attracts outdoor lovers year-round with its waterfalls, granite peaks and towering forests. This exclusive, three-night $260 getaway offers visitors a unique experience in an updated version of a yurt this spring. Just five miles from the park's west gate entrance, this property offers a savings of more than 35% on regular prices.
Why we love it
- Yurts combine the fun of camping with conveniences like a private bathroom, satellite TV and full kitchen with a stove top, microwave and refrigerator. The massive canvas dwellings sleep up to four. Those looking to grill dinner can step outside to barbecue on the deck. After roasting some marshmallows, get cozy in the queen-size bed or the sleeper sofa.
- Upgrade to a meadow yurt for three nights for $278 or a yurt set along the scenic Tuolumne River for $348. Each River Yurt has a queen-size bed with a lofted twin bed and a sleeper sofa.
- Every kind of outdoor enthusiast will find something to love about this area. The park is a playground for hikers, bikers, bird-watchers and nature photographers. There are also free walks with park rangers offered year-round for visitors to learn more about Yosemite’s geology, plant life, early inhabitants and more.
- Yosemite is 2.5 hours from Sacramento and three hours from San Francisco.
31191 Hardin Flat Rd.
Groveland, CA 95321
What's included & when
- Feb. 26, 2013 - April 30, 2013
- Escape to Yosemite Lakes in the awe-inspiring wilderness of Yosemite National Park at more than 35% off
- $260 for a 3-night stay in a hill yurt that sleeps 4 (reg. $390)
- Each heated yurt features a queen bed; sleeper sofa; private bathroom; full kitchen with stove, microwave and refrigerator; and private deck with a grill
- Includes one 7-day Yosemite National Park pass (reg. $20)
- Upgrade: Spend 3 nights in a meadow yurt for $278 (reg. $417) or in a yurt along the river for $348 (reg. $522)
- Travel April 1-30, including weekends
The fine print
Update: The $278 meadow yurt deal is no longer available. With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call Yosemite Lakes directly at 877-570-2267 and mention booking code TZ13 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. A $3 daily utility fee will be charged upon arrival. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. There is a maximum of 2 vouchers per person. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms