By Jen Lee
Drift along the waters of Lake Shasta in a houseboat -- one of the most "fun, relaxing, and romantic" California escapes (Frommer's) -- with 40%-off rentals.
Why we love it
- Lake Shasta is the largest fresh-water reservoir in California and "the perfect introduction to the pleasures of houseboating" (Frommer's)
- The 47-foot Summit features a full kitchen, gas barbecue, bathroom with shower/tub, air conditioning, a sundeck with chairs and 10 life jackets
- Sleeps up to 10, making the effective cost just $27 per person per day
- Partake in water activities, explore the Laka Shasta Caverns to view "dazzling stalagmites" (Fodor's) or kick back and enjoy the outdoors
Bridge Bay at Shasta Lake
10300 Bridge Bay Rd.
Redding, CA 96003
What's included & when
- Travel through Sept. 30, 2014
- A Summit Houseboat rental, which sleeps up to 10 people
$810 for a three-day, two-night rental
$1020 for a four-day, three-night rental
$1170 for a five-day, four-night rental
$1260 for a six-day, five-night rental
$1320 for a seven-day, six-night rental
The fine print
Not available on: July 1-7. Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call Bridge Bay at Shasta Lake directly at 888-505-0688 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. A credit card is required at time of booking. Houseboats are pet-friendly. Review pet policy here or call to inquire. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Must sign full rental agreement upon arrival. Guests must adhere to houseboat rules and policies. An optional damage waiver is available. Fuel is not included.
See all terms