By Travelzoo Staff
Puccini's sexually charged thriller "Tosca" is opening at the War Memorial Opera House, and tickets are up to 50% off for select performances with this Local Deal. Music Director Nicola Luisotti -- "one of his generation's most accomplished Puccini conductors," according to Opera News -- leads two astonishing San Francisco Opera casts.
Why we love it
- San Francisco Opera performs "Tosca" at War Memorial Opera House
- Choose from select weekday and weekend performances, Nov. 20-29
- Tickets are up to 50% off, $15.50-$204 (reg. $31-$340)
- 2 casts will be performing this production
- The opera is the story of a great singer, a rebellious painter and a corrupt police chief who engage in a deadly test of wills
Nov. 8, 2012 - Dec. 1, 2012
War Memorial Opera House
301 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102
- The half-off tickets, including Box and Orchestra Premium, are available for $15.50-$148.50 (regularly $31-$297) for the following weekday performances:
- Tuesday, Nov. 20 at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 27 at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 28 at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 29 at 7:30 p.m.
- Weekend performances are up to 40% off, $43-$204 (reg. $69-$340):
- Saturday, Nov. 24 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 25 at 2 p.m.
- Note: The $15.50 seats are limited for the Nov. 20 and 21 performances.
- "Tosca" is the story of a great singer, a rebellious painter and a corrupt police chief engaged in a deadly test of wills.
The fine print
To purchase tickets, click "Buy Now." Enter promo code TZOOTOSCA. Choose performance date and click "Buy Tickets." Choose seating section and quantity of tickets from interactive map and click "Add to Cart." Review order and click "Checkout." Log in or create an account with payment information to complete purchase. Fees of $10 per order are additional.