By Kristin Viola
For 60% off, subscribers can soar above LA during a hands-on flight lesson with an FAA-certified instructor from Rotor F/X.
Why we love it
- 100% of Travelzoo subscribers love this deal
- Rotor F/X is rated 5 stars on Yelp
- Take in aerial views of the LA skyline
- Receive 30 minutes of airtime
Sept. 27, 2013 - March 27, 2014
Van Nuys Airport
16231 Waterman Dr.
Van Nuys, CA 91406
- $99 (reg. $249) for a one-hour airplane flight lesson, which comes with:
- Pre-flight ground school training
- 30 minutes of flying time
- An HD video of your flight, along with flight training manuals, mailed to you after the lesson
- A completion certificate and pilot log book
- Or learn to fly a helicopter in a two-hour lesson for $199 (reg. $399); receive pre-flight ground and flight simulator training and 20 minutes of flight time
The fine print
Reservations are required and subject to availability. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be at least 12 years old. Must be 240 lbs. or less and 6 ft., 2 in. or shorter to participate. Must sign waiver at time of redemption. Subject to weather conditions and FAA restrictions. Limit one voucher purchase per person; one additional voucher may be purchased as a gift. If purchase limit is exceeded, voucher is subject to forfeiture.
See all terms