By Travelzoo Staff
Strap into a fully-rotating Redbird FMX simulator for more than 60% off. For $39 per person, this session includes 30 minutes of instruction and 30 minutes in the simulator with your instructor tackling weather and flight conditions to improve your piloting skills.
Why we love it
- Pilot a full-motion Redbird FMX simulator in Van Nuys
- 1-hour session with FAA-certified instructor
- Can be used as actual flight time toward a pilot license
- Flight lesson with simulator also available for $199
May 29, 2013 - Aug. 29, 2013
16644 Roscoe Blvd.
Van Nuys, CA 91406
- The simulator sits on an electric motion platform and features 200-degree wrap-around visuals with multiple cockpit configurations, allowing it to be used for single or multi-engine training. After the flight, you'll get a postflight debriefing from your instructor as well as a logbook. Budding pilots can log time in the simulator as actual flight time to be used toward a pilot license.
- Or for $199, regularly $449, add a scenic discovery flight lesson to this simulator session. Students will be able to take the flight controls during the 30-minute lesson, which also includes a 30- to 45-minute pre-flight instruction. Bring a guest to ride along at no extra cost.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Wednesday, May 29, through Aug. 29, 2013. Reservations are required. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Not valid for pregnant women. Medical restrictions may apply. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms