By Travelzoo Staff
Our previous offer with ALG Aviation was a hit with subscribers. One-hundred percent of them rated their experience positive, with one recent reviewer raving, "everything about it was totally brilliant." For $99 per person (reg. $225), take to the skies for a 30-minute private flight lesson, which includes an additional hour of ground instruction.
Why we love it
- ALG Aviation earns a perfect rating on Yelp (5 stars) and with our own subscribers
- Learn to pilot a plane for $99 (reg. $225) with this lesson departing Van Nuys Airport
- You'll get 30 minutes of hands-on flying time and 1 hour of ground instruction
- Or for $299, two can have a private flight tour over L.A. with bubbly and desserts
May 16, 2013 - July 25, 2013
7240 Hayvenhurst Pl.
Van Nuys, CA 91406
- The ground session familiarizes you with the route of the flight and the processes and procedures used to fly the Piper PA28-181 Archer II, and you'll be able to take the cockpit controls during the flight.
- Or for $299 (reg. $649), plan a unique date with an hourlong private flight tour for two over L.A. As you glide over iconic landmarks like the Hollywood sign and Santa Monica Pier (depending on route flown), sip on a bottle of sparkling wine and savor a selection of sweets including chocolate-covered strawberries and pastries.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, May 16, through July 25, 2013. For the $99 lesson, up to 2 additional guests may accompany the student at a rate of $50 per passenger. Reservations are required and subject to availability. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be 18 years old or older or accompanied by an adult. Maximum combined weight limit is 450 pounds per flight. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms