By Travelzoo Staff
Strap in for a thrilling flight simulator session in a fully-rotating Redbird FMX
simulator at U.S. Aviators in Van Nuys. This one-hour experience includes a guided lesson with an FAA-certified instructor plus instruction during the 30-minute flight simulator session for $39, regularly $100.
Why we love it
- Pilot a full-motion Redbird FMX simulator for $39, regularly $100
- Partake in this 1-hour experience alongside an FAA-certified instructor at U.S. Aviators in Van Nuys
- Experience an array of flight conditions and advanced scenarios conducive to professional pilot training
- Afterward, debrief with your instructor and receive a logbook to take home
- This session can be used as actual flight time toward a pilot license
Oct. 29, 2012 - Jan. 30, 2013
16644 Roscoe Blvd.
Van Nuys, CA 91406
- With highly-advanced avionics equipment, this simulator sits on an electric motion platform and features 200-degree wrap-around visuals with multiple cockpit configurations, allowing it to be used for single or multi-engine training. Instructors manipulate weather and flight conditions to provide an array of challenging scenarios to improve your piloting skills.
- The session begins with a brief tour and historical overview of Van Nuys Airport followed by a preflight instruction to you get you familiar with the controls and procedures of the simulator. After the flight, you'll get a postflight debriefing from your instructor as well as a logbook. Budding pilots can log time in the simulator as actual flight time to be used toward a pilot license.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Oct. 30, through Jan. 30, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Not valid for pregnant women. Must sign waiver. Gratuity and tax, if applicable, are not included. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms