By Peter Vanden Bos
Dine for 55% off at a new Hillcrest eatery that already boasts a 4-star Yelp average from more than 100 reviewers.
Why we love it
- Chef Carlos Anthony formerly cooked at Brian Malarkey's Searsucker and Gabardine
- Gourmet sausage sandwiches, small plates and beers for less than $15 a person
- Sausages are house-made and locally sourced
- San Diego Reader calls it "a rather fun concept" that's "easy to get behind"
- Sandwiches can be totally customized, or choose one of the kitchen's creations
Oct. 3, 2013 - Dec. 23, 2013
Salt & Cleaver
3805 5th Ave.
San Diego, CA 92103
- $29 for dinner or lunch for two people (reg. $64)
Any two shares or snacks on the menu, such as the corn pups (tempura-style mini corn dogs) or mac and cheese with white cheddar and gremolata
Any two sandwiches, including the IPA bratwurst and the lobster and leek sausage
Two beers up to $10 each from the drink menu
The fine print
Reservations required for Saturdays and Sundays only; subject to availability. Please tip on the full value of the check; 18%-20% is customary for good service.
See all terms