By Travelzoo Staff
"In a colorful, airy Bankers Hill space, chef Isabel Cruz of Isabel's Cantina and up-and-coming chef Todd Camburn put a fresh, distinctive, and rather refined spin on classic Mexican fare," says Fodor's of Barrio Star. With this deal, get a lunch or dinner for two for just $25, regularly up to $51, at this Fodor's Choice restaurant rated 4.5 stars by TripAdvisor users.
Why we love it
- Barrio Star puts a "fresh, distinctive" spin on Mexican fare (Fodor's)
- With this deal, 2 can visit this colorful eatery for lunch or dinner for just $25 (reg. up to $51)
- Choose a shared appetizer, 2 entrees and a shared dessert
This Fodor's Choice eatery receives a 4.5-star rating by TripAdvisor users
March 11, 2013 - July 11, 2013
2706 5th Ave.
San Diego, CA 92103
- Take a seat in the vibrant eatery, which "twinkles" with "electric blues, bright purples and vibrant pinks" (San Diego Union-Tribune), and order the following from the lunch or dinner menus:
- Any shared appetizer, like the plantains carnitas or chips and guacamole
- Two entrees (up to $18 value each), like the chili relleno with jumbo shrimp, grilled sirloin with shoestring plantains or fish tacos
- Any shared dessert, like flourless chocolate chipotle cake with ganache or coconut flan
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, March 11, through July 11, 2013. Reservations are recommended but not required. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms