By Jen Lee
Grey whale sightings have doubled since this time last year, according to the LA Times. Take advantage with this peak-season cruise on a luxe sailing yacht.
Why we love it
- It's an intimate experience -- yacht holds a maximum of six passengers
- Perfect 5 stars on TripAdvisor and Yelp; 100% Travelzoo subscriber rating
- Grab friends and book a private cruise for six to save more
- Trips run twice daily and include a meal, glass of wine or beer and soft drinks
Jan. 17, 2014 - May 17, 2014
San Diego Sailing Tours
Cabrillo Isle Marina
1450 Harbor Island Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
- $69 (reg. $149) per person for a four-hour, whale-watching tour on a sailing yacht with breakfast or lunch, a glass of wine or beer and soft drinks/coffee
On the morning tour, you'll get a choice of breakfast burrito or sandwich; on the afternoon tour, lunch includes a choice of sandwich with a cookie
Or book a private cruise for up to six for $349 (reg. $894) -- saves $545 on the regular per-person rate
When aboard the boat, ask for a pair of binoculars for better views, and request a blanket if it gets chilly.
The fine print
Valid Jan. 17, 2014-May 17, 2014. Reservations required; subject to availability. Cruises depart daily at 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. You will be charged a port tax of 16% when making reservation; please have credit card ready. Not valid holidays/holiday weekends. Minimum two/maximum six passengers per sail; your trip may be rescheduled. Port tax and gratuity not included. Please tip on full value. 48-hour cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture. Limit six purchases per person; may buy six as gifts. If limit is exceeded, voucher subject to forfeiture.
See all terms