By Travelzoo Staff
Take a walking tour with food tastings of this historic San Diego neighborhood, which has had an Italian presence since 1871.
Why we love it
- "You haven't seen Little Italy until you've seen it through Anthony Davi's eyes," declares The San Diego Union-Tribune of Little Italy Tours
- Includes tastings of gelato, pizza, pasta and more
- Little Italy Tours is rated 5 stars on Yelp
- Tours are $25 per person or $49 for two (reg. $49.95 per person)
Oct. 23, 2013 - Dec. 21, 2013; Saturdays at 9:45 a.m.
Little Italy Tours
1731 India St.
San Diego, CA 92101
- Led by local expert Anthony Davi, groups will visit and learn the history behind local landmarks such as Prohibition Alley and Our Lady of the Rosary, a church built in 1925
Along the way, participants will stop at neighborhood eateries for food samples including a mini Sicilian pastry, a slice of gourmet pizza, a small plate of pasta and more
All participants are provided with wireless headsets so they can hear the narration with clarity; the headsets are also loaded with music by Italy's renowned tenors.
The fine print
Tours depart on Saturdays only at 9:45 a.m. Online reservations required. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours’ notice. Subject to weather conditions.
See all terms