By Travelzoo Staff
Set sail on a whale-watching cruise off the picturesque San Diego and La Jolla coast and spot gray whales during their peak migratory season (January through April) as well as other wildlife like fin whales, humpback whales, seals, sea otters, dolphins and more. For $35 per person, subscribers can take this 4.5-hour excursion with Pacific Nature Tours and save more than 55%.
Why we love it
- For $35, embark on a 4.5-hour whale-watching cruise off San Diego and La Jolla coast
- This trip with Pacific Nature Tours regularly costs $79
- Catch the gray whales in their peak migratory season (January through April)
- You can also spot other wildlife like humpback whales, sea lions, birds, otters and dolphins
- The tour embarks at 9 a.m., and there is free and ample parking at the port
March 13, 2013 - July 9, 2013
Pacific Nature Tours
1717 Quivira Rd.
San Diego, CA 92109
- Passengers board the luxury 70-foot boat at 9 a.m. and return by 1:30 p.m. Narrated by a naturalist guide, the tour cruises the coast off La Jolla and Torrey Pines. Nonalcoholic beverages are included -- you can also bring your own snacks to enjoy on the trip or purchase food on board.
- You can also get this experience for two for $59, regularly $158.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, March 14, through July 9, 2013. Reservations are required and can be made by phone, email or online (see voucher for booking instructions). Must present printed voucher when you go. Tours do not operate daily; check the schedule ahead of time for specific tour dates. Cruises are subject to availability and are weather permitting. A fuel surcharge may apply. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Please tip cruise staff for service. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms