By Travelzoo Staff
Set out on a whale-watching voyage in search of gray whales during their peak migratory season, which ends in May. For $22 per person, this three-hour tour aboard the 87-foot Privateer is led by a certified marine biologist.
Why we love it
- Hop aboard a 3-hour whale-watching cruise for half the regular price
- Take this trip before May to catch gray whales in their peak migratory season
- Boats depart from Mission Bay daily at 10 a.m., with an additional 1:30 p.m. cruise on weekends
- A marine biologist narrates the trip, pointing out wildlife along the way
- The 87-foot Privateer has ample outdoor deck space as well as indoor seating
March 8, 2013 - Aug. 20, 2013
San Diego Whale Watch at Seaforth Landing
1717 Quivira Rd.
San Diego, CA 92109
Tel: 619-300-7110 or 619-839-0128
- This San Diego Whale Watch cruise travels along the coast from Mission Bay to La Jolla, offering beautiful views of Southern California's coastline. As part of their yearly migration -- the longest migration known for any mammal -- grays frolic in these warm waters just off the coast. Their distinctive "V"-shaped spout makes them especially easy to spot. Be on the lookout for other marine life, too, including sea lions, harbor seals and dolphins.
- Trips depart daily from Mission Bay at 10 a.m., with an additional afternoon departure at 1:30 p.m. on weekends.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, March 8, through Aug. 20, 2013. Reservations are required. Must make reservations online. Present voucher at the office 45 minutes prior to departure to receive your boarding pass. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional may be purchased as gifts. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours' notice. Not valid on holidays. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms