By Travelzoo Staff
Cruise up to 30 mph while captaining your own 13-foot speedboat along 13 miles of coastline with this $64 local deal (reg. $125). The boat holds two people, who tour Big Bay's impressive sights in a caravan of vessels lead by one of San Diego Speed Boat Adventures' professional guides.
Why we love it
- For $64, captain your own 13-foot speedboat that can cruise up to 30 mph along 13 miles of Big Bay coastline
- This 2-hour experience from San Diego Speed Boat Adventures is lead and narrated by a professional guide
- Each 2-seater boat is equipped with a speaker system so you can hear the guide -- each voucher covers both the driver and passenger
- Learn about the sights, including the U.S. Navy submarine base, aircraft carriers, Coronado Bridge, historic ships and wildlife
Feb. 22, 2013 - May 27, 2013
San Diego Speed Boat Adventures
1450 Harbor Island Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
- This narrated tour begins with a half-hour of instruction on driving the F13 before venturing into Big Bay for 1.5 hours, during which the guide points out coastal sights via the boat's speaker system.
- Lay eyes on the skyline, the U.S. Navy submarine base, aircraft carriers, Coronado Bridge, Star of India, the Maritime Museum, the cruise ship terminal, Seaport Village and more. Our favorite part of the trip: getting so close to seals we could nearly touch them!
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Feb. 22, through May 26, 2013. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Reservations are required 48 hours in advance; subject to availability and weather permitting. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies or voucher is subject to forfeiture. Not valid on holidays. A fuel surcharge of $5 per person will apply. Must be 18 years old or older to drive the boat. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms