By Travelzoo Staff
Amble along the streets of Julian and taste the quaint apple-growing town's homemade pies, barbecue and fresh ciders
on Bite San Diego's newest food walking tour. Filled with tastings of local cuisine and specialty drinks, this seasonal three-hour stroll is a "treat for foodies" (San Diego Magazine
). Take the tour for $22 per person, regularly $45, or bring a friend for $42, regularly $90.
Why we love it
- Get a taste of "apple town" Julian on Bite San Diego's newest food tour for $22 (or $42 for 2)
- 2 other tours are available: Old Town and Downtown/Little Italy
- Visit 5-7 of the neighborhood's top culinary spots and try an array of food and drink
- Subscribers save more than 50% on this "treat for foodies" (San Diego Magazine)
- Travelzoo Tip: Stay in the Gaslamp Quarter with this deal at Hotel Indigo for 40% off
Feb. 19, 2013 - Aug. 19, 2013
Bite San Diego
Meeting location varies by tour;
exact location details will be provided after making reservation online
San Diego, CA 92101
- You can also choose from two other neighborhood tours: Downtown/Little Italy and Old Town. Throughout the excursion, guides will fill you up with insights into each town and, of course, food and drink from the neighborhood's best culinary spots.
- Julian, a California Historical Landmark, is known for its rustic charm and family-owned businesses. The tour visits five to seven local gems; for example, subscribers can savor homemade Julian pies at Apple Alley Bakery, then wash them down with fresh cider at Julian Cider Mill. Dig into rustic barbecue and local brews at Bailey BBQ, then top it off with treats at Julian Candy Basket.
- The Julian tour is offered Saturdays and Sundays at 1 p.m. Groups are kept to a maximum of 15 people, and multiple vouchers can be purchased for a fun group outing.
The fine print
Note: We have extended the sale of this offer. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Feb. 19, through Aug. 19, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability; check voucher for booking instructions. Check the website for open time slots as they will fill up quickly. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; may buy multiple as gifts. Limit 1 voucher per person per day for the voucher for 1; limit 1 voucher per 2 people per day for the voucher for 2. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms