By Travelzoo Staff
Saddle up for a scenic trail ride along the 144 acres of The Ranch at Bandy Canyon, a "secluded" property (North County Times) nestled deep in the San Pasqual Valley and dotted with rustic cabins and ancient eucalyptus trees. For just $39 per person, normally $90, take a guided 90-minute horseback ride past the San Diego Safari Park, Lake Hodges and the San Pasqual Battlefield.
Why we love it
- For $39 per person, saddle up for a guided horseback ride at The Ranch at Bandy Canyon
- Regularly $90, this 90-minute experience takes you past the Safari Park and Lake Hodges
- The ranch boasts 144 acres of land dotted with rustic cottages and eucalyptus trees
- All necessary equipment and instruction are included
- The activity is suitable for all experience levels
- Or, make it a couple's ride for $99 and enjoy a bottle of wine with cheese after the ride
Dec. 20, 2012 - May 9, 2013
The Ranch at Bandy Canyon
16251 Bandy Canyon Road
Escondido, CA 92025
- You'll be provided all necessary equipment, including saddle and helmet, and instruction on riding fundamentals before setting out on horseback. Riders of all experience levels are welcome. Rides run Wednesday-Sunday at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Or for $99, make it a couple's ride and have a romantic picnic with a bottle of wine and cheese plate after the ride, regularly $225.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Dec. 20, though May 8, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Rides run Wednesday-Sunday at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 1 additional voucher may be purchased as a gift. Must be 7 or older; ages 7 to 11 will ride ponies. Must weigh less than 240 pounds to ride. Must sign a waiver. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours' notice. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms