By Travelzoo Staff
Saddle up for a scenic horseback ride with a Local Deal from Vineyard Trail Rides owned by Sabrina Fortyune, who has more than 25 years of equestrian experience. For $49 per person, normally $125, take a guided two-hour tour past meadows, grassy hills and shady oak trees for an experience Pacific San Diego Magazine says evokes "the spirit of the Wild West."
Why we love it
- For $49 per person, saddle up for a guided scenic horseback ride with Vineyard Trail Rides in Ramona
- This 2-hour experience includes wine and chocolates to enjoy lakeside
- Save more than 60% on the regular price of this package
- Rides run daily, with 3 available times Monday through Saturday
- The activity is suitable for all experience levels
- Pacific San Diego Magazine writes that the experience evokes "the spirit of the Wild West"
Nov. 27, 2012 - April 3, 2013
Vineyard Trail Rides
17278 Highland Valley Rd.
Ramona, CA 92065
- Start off at the staging area near the valleys and hills of Ramona, a secluded area about 45 minutes from downtown San Diego. You'll be provided all necessary equipment, including saddle and helmet, and instruction on the fundamentals of tacking and riding before setting out on horseback.
- As the group traverses the grassy hills of the preserve, expect expansive views of the mountains across the valley from which riders can spot wildlife such as hawks and deer. The ride journeys to a quiet lake with picnic tables, where riders can take a 30-minute break to enjoy a selection of chocolates and two 6-ounce bottles of wine. Choose chardonnay, merlot or Champagne. (Other nonalcoholic beverages are also available.)
- There are typically about six riders per guide on each tour, allowing for an intimate experience. Riders of all experience levels are welcome. Rides run Monday-Saturday at 9 a.m., noon and 2:30 p.m., and on Sundays at 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, Nov. 28, though April 3, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Reservations are subject to availability and weather conditions. Must be 8 or older and weigh less than 250 pounds to ride. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours' notice. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms