By Travelzoo Staff
The best time for viewing gray whales in North America begins now through spring as they migrate to warmer waters, when this exclusive Local Deal with OEX Dive & Kayak is available. For $35 per person, normally $79, kayak two miles out from La Jolla beach -- with certified guides on either side of you -- into the path of the gray whale migration.
Why we love it
- Kayak along the path of the gray whale migration with certified guides for $35
- Also keep an eye out for dolphins, sea lions and harbor seals
- 2-hour tours launch daily and are appropriate for most experience levels
- Yelp rates OEX Dive & Kayak 4 stars
- Frommer's praises La Jolla beach's "gorgeous coastline"
Nov. 28, 2012 - March 15, 2013
OEX Dive & Kayak
2243 Avenida De La Playa
La Jolla, CA 92037
- According to National Geographic, these migrating groups are "often spotted" along the West Coast. As you paddle, guides will discuss gray whales and additional marine wildlife you may encounter during the tour, including dolphins, sea lions, harbor seals, sea turtles, garibaldi fish and a variety of birds.
- Tours launch daily at 9 a.m. and noon, and typically take place in a double kayak, which seats two people. Buy two vouchers to take the tour with a friend.
- Alternatively, you can redeem this voucher for the La Jolla Seven Sea Caves tour, closer to shore.
Our Deal Experts have sourced more than 100 Local Deals across the U.S. for our Holiday Gift Guide
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, Dec. 1, through March 15, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made by phone. Tours are subject to availability and are weather permitting. Not valid on major holidays. Must be 6 years old or older to participate in the tour; moderate kayaking ability is preferred. Voucher can alternately be redeemed for Original La Jolla Seven Sea Caves tour. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms