By Blaire Constantinou
Escape to The Sofia Hotel, amid Victorian-era buildings in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter, where "you'll be convinced you've stepped back in time" (Frommer's).
Why we love it
- Just four blocks from the shops, restaurants and nightlife in this trendy neighborhood
- Once a stagecoach company building, The Sofia Hotel is now part of the National Trust's Historic Hotels of America
- The property is less than five miles from the San Diego Zoo
The Sofia Hotel
150 W Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
What's included & when
- Through March 31; blackout dates apply
- A one-night stay for two:
- $99 Deluxe Queen room
- $109 Deluxe King room
- $114 Deluxe Two Double Beds room
- $169 Queen Studio Suite
Grab cocktails and appetizers
for $35 at Currant Brasserie, which Frommer's states is "worth a visit."
The fine print
Update: This deal is no longer available on Nov. 2. With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-826-0009 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Oct. 4-5, 11-19, 23, 25-29; Nov. 8-13, 15-16; Dec. 31; Feb. 10-15. A guest services fee of $7.95 per night is not included and will be paid directly to the hotel. This fee covers Internet access, bicycle rentals, two water bottles and fitness center access. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
See all terms