By Travelzoo Staff
Retreat to the historic AAA 4-Diamond La Valencia Hotel -- affectionately known as "The Pink Lady" -- with an exclusive overnight deal for two that shaves more than 45% off regular rates. For $195, stay midweek at this elegant La Jolla mainstay, or make it a weekend escape for $40 more.
Why we love it
- Upon arrival guests receive a bottle of red or white wine and the hotel's signature Swiss chocolate-filled pink macarons.
- Originally erected in 1926, this Mediterranean-style hotel retains a timeless charm. As Concierge.com notes, "When it comes to location, it doesn't get much better than the venerable La Valencia." Explore the adjacent beach at La Jolla Cove or sip drinks provided by the beer concierge or mixologist at the onsite historic Whaling Bar & Grill -- a favorite of old Hollywood icons. Just outside the hotel doors are a number of top-notch restaurants, upscale shops and art galleries in La Jolla Village.
- The hotel is 15 miles from the Gaslamp Quarter, SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo.
La Valencia Hotel
1132 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037
What's included & when
- Feb. 13, 2013 - April 30, 2013
- La Jolla escape for 2 at the historic 4-star La Valencia Hotel at more than 45% off
- $195 for 1 night, Sunday-Thursday arrivals
- $235 for 1 night, Friday-Saturday arrivals
- $345 for 2 nights, Sunday-Wednesday arrivals
- $395 for 2 nights, Thursday-Saturday arrivals
- Includes a bottle of wine and Swiss chocolate-filled pink macarons (reg. $50)
- Stay through April in a Traditional room
The fine print
Update: March 9-10, 19, 22-23, 29-30 are no longer available. With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-451-0772 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Feb. 25, 28; March 7, 15-16; April 5-6. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms