By Travelzoo Staff
San Diego Opera's "Murder in the Cathedral," Pizzetti's opera about the murder of Archbishop Thomas Becket, opens next week at San Diego Civic Theatre, the first U.S. production in decades. Tickets are 50% off, starting at $42.50, for all performances. Opera News says of the score: "The music tightens its grip on chorus and audience. It won't release us until the assassins have done their work."
Why we love it
- Pizzetti's "Murder in the Cathedral" opens next week at San Diego Civic Theatre
- Select seats are 50% off, $42.50-$125 (reg. $85-$250)
- All four performances are discounted, March 30, April 2, 5 and 7
- The opera covers the last month of Archbishop Thomas Becket's life as he struggles with politics, religion and temptation
March 20, 2013 - March 30, 2013
'Murder in the Cathedral'
San Diego Civic Theatre
1100 Third Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
Tel: (619) 232-7636
- All four performances, March 30-April 7, are discounted in the following seating sections:
- Preferred Balcony ... $42.50 (reg. $85)
- Dress Circle, Mezzanine and Premiere Balcony ... $60 (reg. $120)
- Preferred Dress Circle and Preferred Mezzanine ... $77.50 (reg. $155)
- Preferred Orchestra, Premier Dress Circle and Premier Mezzanine ... $100-$125 (reg. $200-$250)
- Note: Orchestra 1 and Balcony 3 sections are not available with this deal.
- Based on the T.S. Eliot play, the opera covers the last month of Becket's life leading to his murder in Canterbury Cathedral.
- Booking Instructions
- Click "Buy Now. Click "Buy Tickets." Choose a performance, quantity of tickets and seating level, then click "Add to Cart." Choose to include parking or dinner or click "No Thanks." Log in or create an account. Choose a ticket delivery option and click "Continue." Review order and fill out payment information.
The fine print
See booking instructions for step-by-step details. No additional fees apply.