By Travelzoo Staff
Sparking children's curiosity for almost 20 years, this museum offers a "terrific, creative introduction to the city for the pint-sized and grown-up alike" (Frommer's).
Why we love it
- "A terrific, creative introduction to the city" (Frommer's)
- "Fun stop" where a "budding scientific community buzzes to life" (MySA.com)
- Awarded TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence
- Admission for 2, 4 and 6 -- valid any day of the week
Dec. 26, 2013 - Feb. 28, 2014
San Antonio Children's Museum
305 E Houston St.
San Antonio, TX 78205
- For $8 (reg. $16), two can explore three floors of hands-on exhibits promoting creative arts, sciences and early literacy
Current exhibits include:
Imagination Playground: build anything from castles to pirate ships out of foam blocks and tubes, knock it down and start again
Artist Square: paint with watercolors on petite easels or draw a chalk masterpiece on the blackboard walls
Hill Country Bubble Ranch: learn the science behind bubbles and create bubbles of all sizes -- even bubbles big enough to stand inside
Holt Front End Loader: little ones can get behind the gears of a miniature front-end loader, fully operational for digging and lifting
Explore with friends and bring a group of four for $15 (reg. $32); or bring a group of six for $22 -- less than $4 per person
Visit Monday-Thursday and save 10% on all gift shop purchases
The fine print
Valid Dec. 26, 2013 - Feb. 28, 2014. The museum is closed New Year's Day. Limit 1 voucher per visit. Valid only for package purchased; cannot be applied toward new or renewed membership. All adults must be accompanied by a child; all children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Limit 2 voucher purchases per person; may buy 2 additional as gifts.
See all terms