By Travelzoo Staff
Sparking children's curiosity for almost 20 years, the San Antonio Children's Museum offers a "terrific, creative introduction to the city for the pint-sized and grown-up alike" (Frommer's). Children can explore three floors of hands-on exhibits promoting creative arts, sciences and early literacy. For $8, regularly $16, two can visit this "fun stop" where a "budding scientific community buzzes to life" (MySA.com).
Why we love it
- "A terrific, creative introduction to the city" (Frommer's)
- Awarded TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence
- Admission for 2, 4 and 6 -- valid any day of the week
- Visit Monday-Thursday and save 10% in the gift shop
Aug. 15, 2013 - Feb. 28, 2014
San Antonio Children's Museum
305 E Houston St.
San Antonio, TX 78205
- Current exhibits include:
- Imagination Playground: build anything from castles to pirate ships out of foam blocks and tubes, knock it down and start again
- Artist Square: paint with watercolors on petite easels or draw a chalk masterpiece on the blackboard walls
- Hill Country Bubble Ranch: learn the science behind bubbles and create bubbles of all sizes -- even bubbles big enough to stand inside
- Holt Front End Loader: little ones can get behind the gears of a miniature front-end loader, fully operational for digging and lifting
- Explore with friends and bring a group of four for $15 (reg. $32); or bring a group of six for $22 -- less than $4 per person. Visit Monday-Thursday and save 10% on all gift shop purchases.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Friday, Aug. 16, through Feb. 28, 2014. The museum is closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Limit 1 voucher per visit. Valid only for package purchased; cannot be applied toward new or renewed membership. All adults must be accompanied by a child; all children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Limit 2 voucher purchases per person; may buy 2 additional as gifts. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms