By Travelzoo Staff
We couldn't have said it better: "In south Texas, it's a given: When the temperatures reach over 100 degrees (sometimes as early as May!), it's time to grab a tube, load up your ice chest, and jump in the river" (10best.com). Travelzoo has negotiated a number of deals with Rockin 'R' River Rides to help subscribers cool down this summer. Tubing trips down the Guadalupe River start at $16 for two people.
Why we love it
- Tube operators line the river, but Fodor's calls out Rockin 'R' River Rides
- Options include tubing, kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding
- Tube trips include shuttle service
- The company's tubes all include bottoms: "our bottom will save your bottom"
- A 2-hour pontoon rental for up to 10 people, including snacks and a driver, is $169
April 25, 2013 - Oct. 25, 2013
Rockin 'R' River Rides
1405 Gruene Rd.
New Braunfels, TX 78130
- Select from the following:
- For $16, regularly $54, two people get tubes plus a cooler tube
- For $16, regularly $32, one person can rent a kayak
- For $20, regularly $40, rent stand-up paddleboards for two people
- For $29, regularly $90, four people get tubes plus a cooler tube
- For $169, regularly $450, get a 2-hour pontoon party barge rental for up to 10 people, including snacks and a driver
- Rockin 'R' River Rides says river trips on weekdays and Sundays are kid-friendly, making for great family outings.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, April 25, through Oct. 25, 2013. Reservations are not required for tubing or kayaking deals. Reservations are required for stand-up paddleboarding and pontoon deals. Must redeem voucher at main location (1405 Gruene Road). Must be able to swim. Must follow all river rules posted at www.rockinr.com/trips-what-to-expect.php. Must be 6 years old or older to tube on the Guadalupe river. Must sign a rental agreement. Subject to weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms