By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can get behind the wheel of a professional stock car with this deal from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience. For $124, accelerate down straightaways and take turns in a real race car like the one driven by Wallace, a racing legend who was recently inducted into the Hall of Fame. This two-hour "Qualifier" package at the San Antonio Speedway saves $125 on the regular price.
Why we love it
- For $124 (reg. $249), drive a real race car in a 10-lap race at the San Antonio Speedway
- This "Qualifier" package from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience lasts 2 hours
- It includes a track orientation followed by a race on the speedway track
- Or for $49, get the 1-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a 3-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel
March 17, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2013
Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
San Antonio Speedway
14901 S. HWY 16
San Antonio, TX 78124
- The deal provides Travelzoo subscribers with an authentic racing experience, from the custom Oakley driver's suit to passing competitors on the track. You'll begin with a classroom orientation with a professional instructor, then hop in the driver's seat for a 10-lap race on the speedway. Get a feel for the vehicle while following the pace car for a couple warm-up laps before zooming around the track.
- Or for $49, try the one-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a three-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel. This experience regularly costs $99.
The fine print
Races and ridealongs take place March 15-17, 22-24, 29-31; Nov. 15-17, 22-24, 29; Dec. 1, 2013. Online reservations are required and can be made here. If more race dates are added, you can select any race date on the schedule, but it must be reserved 24 hours in advance. Drivers must be between 5'-6'7" tall and between 100-300 lbs. Riders must be at least 5' tall and 100 lbs. Drivers must be 18 years old or older with a valid driver's license. Must be at least 14 years old to participate in the ride-along. If under 18 years old, parental consent is required. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms