By Travelzoo Staff
The Utah Symphony will perform Aaron Copland's "El Salon Mexico" this Saturday, and tickets start at $3 (reg. $6) for shows at Abravanel Hall. The work, completed in 1936, is a musical depiction of an enormous Mexico City dance hall.
Why we love it
- Tickets start at $3, regularly $6, to see the Utah Symphony at Abranavel Hall
- Aaron Copland's "El Salon Mexico" is a musical depiction of an enormous Mexico City dance hall
- Performances are 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 30
- Promo code required; please see booking instructions
March 26, 2013 - March 31, 2013
123 West South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- All sections for 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. performances on March 30 are 50% off regular prices:
- $3 (reg. $6) ... Orchestra Blue
- $4 (reg. $8) ... First Tier Purple
- $5 ( reg. $10) ... Orchestra Orange
- $10 (reg. $20) ... First Tier Green
- The performance will include footage from the animated short film "El Salon Mexico" by Paul Glickman and Tamarind King, based on Copland's original composition.
- Booking Instructions
- Click "Buy Now." Enter promo code MEXICO50. Under your desired performance, click "Buy Tickets." Click "Select Best Available." Choose your section and quantity of tickets and click "Add to Cart." Review order and click "Checkout." Log in or register for an account. Enter your cart, then enter billing address and payment information and complete transaction.
The fine print
Subject to availability. Fees of $3.50 per ticket additional. Fees are determined by the venue, not Travelzoo. Tickets purchased together will be seated together. Not applicable on previously purchased tickets.