By Travelzoo Staff
Plan ahead for a two-day white-water rafting and wine-tasting trip this spring and summer from Mariah Wilderness Expeditions, which earns a 4-star average rating from more than 50 Yelp reviewers. For $189 per person, regularly $358, raft down the American River and tour El Dorado County wineries with this unique overnight adventure package.
Why we love it
- For $189 per person (reg. $358), go on a 2-day rafting and wine-tasting adventure with Mariah Wilderness Expeditions
- Trips begin in May; buy a voucher now for a spring or summer outing
- Visit multiple El Dorado County wineries with tastings and transportation included
- Spend the night at a riverside campground, then raft down the South Fork of the American River
- Paddle through 10 miles of the river, either Chili Bar or Gorge Run; both are good for beginners
- All meals are included: breakfast, 2 lunches and a barbecue dinner
June 25, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013
Mariah Wilderness Expeditions
Meet at the Mariah campground kitchen
6500 California 49
Lotus, CA 95651
- Trips run Thursday-Friday or Saturday-Sunday. On the first day, tour boutique wineries in El Dorado County with lunch, snacks, transportation and tasting fees included. Then it's back to the campsite, where you'll enjoy more wine tasting and a barbecue dinner. On day two, have breakfast at camp before gearing up for a 10-mile rafting trip down either Chili Bar or Gorge Run on the American River. The day ends with a barbecue lunch.
- For more information, including directions, a full itinerary and tips on what to pack, click here.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, June 29, through Aug. 31, 2013. Call ahead to confirm season start and trip availability. An 8% river use fee is not included. Reservations are required and must be made by phone; subject to availability. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 48 hours' notice. Must be 21 years old or older to participate. Mariah Wilderness Expeditions reserves the right to cancel any trip based on conditions and river levels at any time without notice. In such circumstances, vouchers may be honored at a later date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms