By Travelzoo Staff
The historic Delta King in Old Sacramento is a "1920s riverboat-turned-floating-hotel," recommended by The New York Times
in its "36 Hours in Sacramento" feature. Visit this highly regarded local favorite for a choice between two classes at the Delta King Wine School and save up to 50%.
Why we love it
- Take your pick of classes at the Delta King Wine School, both of which take place onboard the historic riverboat in Old Sacramento
- For $15, regularly $29, choose the Friday evening Wine Appreciation class, which includes a sampling of varietals; after class enjoy light hors d'oeuvres and live music
- Or, for $19, regularly $39, choose the Saturday morning Wine and Food Pairing class, which focuses on combining complementary wine and food flavors
- Each hourlong introductory class is hands-on and geared toward beginners
- Travelzoo Tip: Take advantage of a $119 per-night rate and spend the night onboard the Delta King
Oct. 9, 2012 - Jan. 26, 2013
1000 Front St.
Sacramento, CA 95814
- For $15, regularly $29, choose the 6 p.m. Friday evening Wine Appreciation class to learn the basics of how to evaluate wine, and taste four major California varietals. Afterward, head to the Delta Bar & Grill for complimentary light appetizers and live music.
- Or, for $19, regularly $39, attend the 11 a.m. Saturday morning Wine and Food Pairing class, which will demonstrate how to identify wine and food that complement each other. This class includes four wine samples and an appetizer paired with each.
- The Delta King was built to carry passengers between San Francisco and Sacramento and now serves as a "charming" permanent fixture on the American River with "unparalleled river views," says Frommer's.
Take advantage of a $119 per-night rate
and spend the night onboard the Delta King (subject to availability).
The fine print
Vouchers for the Friday class can be used starting Friday, Oct.12, through Jan. 25, 2013; vouchers for the Saturday class can be used starting Saturday, Oct. 13, through Jan. 26, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Wine Appreciation classes are held only on Fridays at 6 p.m. Wine and Food Pairing classes are only held on Saturdays at 11 a.m. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms