By Travelzoo Staff
Subscribers can escape the city for an afternoon in Virginia's wine country with this Local Deal from Philip Carter Winery in Hume, less than 60 miles from downtown Washington, D.C. For $34, regularly $85, two can enjoy a winery tour and picnic lunch at the family-owned vineyard that earned numerous awards from the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition and most recently took gold at the 2013 Virginia Governor's Cup Competition.
Why we love it
- For $34, take a tour and savor a picnic at the family-owned Philip Carter Winery in Hume
- Philip Carter's 2010 Cleve won gold at the 2013 Virginia Governor's Cup Competition
- Includes wine education, souvenir glasses for 2 and keepsake corkscrew
- The 2011 Gov. Fauquier won Virginia Wine Lover magazine's Readers' Choice award for best white wine
- TripAdvisor users rate the winery 4 stars
April 11, 2013 - Jan. 31, 2014
Philip Carter Winery
4366 Stillhouse Rd.
Hume, VA 22639
- Use this deal Thursday-Monday for a winery visit that includes:
- Guided vineyard and winery tour, which covers the history of Carter family wines that date back to 1762
- Wine education and appreciation class in the King Carter Suite, with focus on the fermentation process and wine terms
- Two keepsake Philip Carter Winery tasting glasses with complimentary wine tasting, incorporating both reds and whites like 2011 Chardonnay, 2012 Gov. Fauquier, 2011 Cabernet Franc, and 2010 Cleve, which won a gold medal at the 2013 Virginia Governor's Cup
- Charcuterie and cheese picnic basket with blanket to dine on the grounds, which includes Virginia cheeses, cured meats, Virginia chutney and chocolates (basket and blanket must be returned at end of visit)
- Souvenir corkscrew to take home
- Guests will also receive a 10% discount on any purchase of a bottle of wine to take home.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, April 12, through Jan. 31, 2014. Online reservations are required and subject to availability. Not valid on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Vineyard hours are weather dependent. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms