By Travelzoo Staff
Find respite in the heart of the Allegheny Mountains at one of Travel + Leisure's World's Best Hotels -- The Homestead in Hot Springs, Va., just outside of Roanoke. This exclusive $349 package for two includes a two-night stay at the AAA 4-Diamond resort arriving Sundays-Wednesdays, plus valet parking and a choice of one activity. Thursday-Saturday arrivals are also available for $399.
Why we love it
- With the mountains and forest as the backdrop, these activity choices are included in this package: golf, fly fishing, Cascades gorge hike, horseback riding, archery, paintball, skeet shooting, hay rides, bowling, mountain biking, canoeing and kayaking, ski lift tickets and ice skating.
- Embracing guests since 1766, The Homestead stacks up its credentials as the No. 1-ranked golf course in Virginia by Golfweek and voted Best for Mineral Springs by Luxury SpaFinder. With an array of outdoor activities from a tennis academy to fishing with Orvis-trained instructors, visitors can create a busy itinerary at the resort. Or, plan for a day of pampering at the spa, and ease into the pools of natural spring waters that Thomas Jefferson once sojourned to for their healing powers.
- Homestead is one hour and 45 minutes from Roanoke, Va., three hours from Richmond and four hours from Washington, D.C.
7696 Sam Snead Highway
Hot Springs, VA 24445
What's included & when
- Sept. 4, 2012 - Dec. 20, 2012
- Escape for 2 at Travel + Leisure "Top 500 World's Best" Homestead resort in Virginia
- $349 for a 2-night stay, Sunday-Wednesday arrivals (reg. $785)
- $399 for a 2-night stay, Thursday-Saturday arrivals, (reg. $810)
- Includes 1 activity per guest (golf, fly fishing, Cascades gorge hike, horseback riding, archery, paintball, skeet shooting, hay ride, bowling, mountain biking, canoeing and kayaking, ski lift tickets and ice skating)
- Valet parking is included (reg. $30)
- Travel through Dec. 20
The fine print
With this deal, you don't have to decide when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 540-839-3850 to make a reservation for desired travel dates. Not available on: Sept. 21-22; Oct. 5-6, 12-13, 19-20; Nov. 10-11, 15-16, 21-23. Taxes, gratuity and a 15% resort charge are additional. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms