By Kevin Kitchen
Save more than 55% cross-country skiing "the most extensive trail systems" in the U.S. at the Resort at Squaw Creek in Lake Tahoe (NBC News).
Why we love it
- Features "jaw-dropping views" and more than 400 acres of terrain (Via Magazine)
- Frommer's calls it a "paradise for skiers" with over 20 miles of groomed trails
- "The region has the greatest concentration of large XC ski areas in the U.S." (NBC News)
- Squaw Valley was the site of the 1960 Winter Olympics
Dec. 16, 2013 - April 1, 2014
Resort at Squaw Creek Nordic Center
400 Squaw Creek Road
Olympic Valley, CA 96146
- For $19 (reg. $45), cross-country ski all day at the Resort at Squaw Creek in Lake Tahoe
The day pass includes a cup of hot chocolate from on-site Sweet Potato Deli
Get unlimited access to the cross-country ski trails all season for $75 (reg. $150)
Access to all cross-country trails
All rental equipment will be provided
Or head to the ice rink at the Resort at Squaw Creek starting Jan. 5 and get admission and skate rental for two for $15.
The fine print
Valid Dec. 16, 2013 - April 1, 2014. Call ahead to confirm the resort is open; redeemable through the end of the season or April 1, 2014, whichever comes sooner. Day pass not valid Dec. 21-31; Jan. 1-4, 17-19; Feb. 14-16. Day pass must be used in one visit by one person. Season pass: Present voucher upon arrival at the Nordic Center on your first trip. You will then receive a season pass to bring back for future visits for one person.
See all terms