By Travelzoo Staff
Pressed against the Elizabeth River along Virginia's southeast coast, the Sheraton Waterside Hotel has dropped midweek rates to $99 per night through Dec. 30. Visit Norfolk – once a late-1600s trading post and now the second-largest city in the state – with a 45%-off deal that also includes parking and Wi-Fi.
Why we love it
- For $20 more, upgrade to a room on the Club floor, and get access to a lounge that serves daily continental breakfast and snacks. Weekend visits are also discounted.
- Fodor's says “there’s plenty to see in this old navy town," where the famous Civil War battle between the ironclad ships Monitor and Merrimack took place just off-shore. Today the town hosts the world's largest naval base as well as a robust maritime history museum, where visitors can tour the World War II Battleship Wisconsin.
- A short walk down the waterfront esplanade leads to Town Point Park, a popular summer festival ground that's scheduled to host a Caribbean festival and the first annual RibtoberFest. A short drive to the city's north side ends at the Norfolk Botanical Garden, landscaped with 3,000 rose bushes, and Japanese and Italian Renaissance-style gardens.
- The boardwalk and sands of Virginia Beach are about a half-hour's drive away. Cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel -- a scenic, 17-mile journey across the mouth of the bay -- to reach the wineries, villages and uninhabited barrier islands of Virginia's Eastern Shore.
Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
777 Waterside Drive
Norfolk, VA 23510
What's included & when
- June 6, 2013 - Dec. 30, 2013
- Retreat for 2 to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel at 45% off
- $99 per night in a City View room
- $119 per night in a Club City View room, including access to the Club lounge, which serves continental breakfast
- Travel Sundays-Thursdays through Dec. 30; add $30 for Fridays-Saturdays
- All stays include free self-parking and Wi-Fi
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 757-640-2762 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations agents are available Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST. Not available on: June 28-29; July 12-13, 19-20, 26-27; Aug. 2-3, 9-10; Sept. 4-5, 26-28; Nov. 6-9, 20-21. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms