By Travelzoo Staff
Time Out New York says Thai Rock "focuses on live rock music and Southeast Asian eats," and New York Magazine praises the authenticity of this Rockaway Beach gem, whose owners have run a similar spot in Thailand. For $49, two can rent a kayak and have drinks and appetizers afterward, an experience that is regularly up to $99.
Why we love it
- For $49, 2 can rent a kayak at Thai Rock in Rockaway Beach
- This deal includes a 2.5-hour kayak rental and drinks and appetizers for 2, an experience that is regularly up to $99
- Wet suit rental is included with the Jet Ski deal ($59 for 2 people); cruise the waters comfortably into fall
- For $199, take a guided jet ski excursion around famous NYC landmarks, like Coney Island and the Statue of Liberty with lunch and a drink
- Time Out New York and New York Magazine praise the live music and authentic feel and cuisine of Thai Rock
Sept. 3, 2012 - Oct. 31, 2012
375 Beach 92nd St.
Rockaway Beach, NY 11693
- Get into your kayak and cruise around Jamaica Bay for 2.5 hours as you admire the shoreline views of the Rockaway Beach area. After the rental, guests will head pier-side to Thai Rock for two drinks (up to $10 each), including glasses of wine, beers or cocktails, like a ginger martini, margarita or house-made sangria and two appetizers with selections like calamari, spring rolls, kui chai and chicken dumplings (up to $8 each).
- Listen to Thai Rock's live entertainment on the alfresco patio that overlooks Cross Bay Bridge, with karaoke on Wednesdays and past performers that have included rock cover bands, blues bands and pop rockers like Jerry Jacobs.
- For $59, guests can rent a Jet Ski and wet suits for two with drinks after the trip, regularly up to $125. Or for $199, take a guided half-day tour of famous NYC landmarks like Coney Island and the Statue of Liberty with lunch and drink, an experience that is regularly up to $535 (this package is $199 per person and you must purchase it for two people).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Sept. 4 through Oct. 31, 2012. The $199 deal can be used Sept. 12, 2012 through Oct. 21, 2012. Reservations are required. Limit of 1 drink per person. Rentals are subject to availability and weather conditions. Not valid on major holidays and holiday weekends. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies; voucher is subject to forfeiture. Must be at least 18 years old or older to drive the Jet Ski. Must be at least 16 years old or older to do the kayak rental. Must have a valid driver's license for the Jet Ski rental and valid photo ID for the kayak rental. A credit card is required for refundable security deposit of $500 for the Jet Ski and $250 for the kayak; deposit can also be paid in cash. Both driver and passenger must sign waiver. Those under 18 years of age must have guardian sign a waiver. Maximum combined total weight limit for the Jet Ski is 500 lbs. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms