By Travelzoo Staff
"Spring and summer are the best times for whale watching in Massachusetts," according to USA Today
. With this Local Deal, set out into the Atlantic for a four-hour whale-watching cruise with Newburyport Whale Watch during prime season. For $29 per person, regularly $50, Travelzoo subscribers can get up-close views of whales and other marine life. This tour departs from Newburyport, less than one hour north of downtown Boston
Why we love it
- USA Today says whale spotting is high during the spring and summer in Massachusetts
- For $29 per person, embark on a 4-hour whale-watching cruise
- Or for $112, save more and go with a group of 4
- Look out for minke whales, finback whales and marine birds
- Tours depart from the Newburyport boardwalk, less than an hour from Boston
- Massachusetts is one of the top 10 whale-watching destinations in the world (The World Wildlife Fund)
March 28, 2013 - July 31, 2013
Newburyport Whale Watch
54 Merrimac St.
Newburyport, MA 01950
- During the cruise, explore Jeffreys Ledge off the coast of Rockport and look out for humpback whales, minke whales, finback whales and marine birds while a naturalist guide narrates the tour and talks about the sea life in the area. Cruisers can also take in the scenic views of the Massachusetts coastline.
- Tours depart once daily starting May 19; from June 26 - July 31, trips depart once daily Monday-Friday and twice daily Saturdays and Sundays from the Newburyport boardwalk. Schedule is subject to change; check website for exact departure dates and times.
- Bring the family and save more: For $112, regularly $200, receive four tickets for this exciting excursion. Vouchers are valid for child, senior and adult tickets.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, March 29, through July 31, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Vouchers can be used for both children and adults. Children 3 years old and under are free with paid adult. Cruises depart daily at 10 a.m.; and twice a day at 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays starting June 26 through July 31. Schedule subject to change; check website for details. 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays. Subject to weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms