By Travelzoo Staff
Housed in a nearly century-old former residence on Newport's Nye Beach, Panache brings a "highly refined dining experience"
to the neighborhood, according to Frommer's. With this exclusive deal for $35, Travelzoo subscribers can look out on views of the Pacific with a two-course lunch or dinner for two with wine, normally $72.
Why we love it
- Dine on fresh seafood for 2 with wine in a nearly century-old historic house with views of Nye Beach for $35
- Frommer's calls Panache "highly refined" and "elegant," and Yelp users rate it 4 stars
- Choose 2 entrees, 2 glasses of wine and 1 dessert to share
- Owner and chef Zachary Wellman describes the cuisine as Northwestern with pan-European influences
- Located across the street from the Newport Performing Arts Center, this restaurant makes a "perfect" pretheater dinner spot (Frommer's)
Nov. 1, 2012 - Jan. 22, 2013
614 W. Olive Street
Newport, OR 97365
- Try entrees, wine and house-made desserts from a menu owner and chef Zachary Wellman describes as Northwestern cuisine with pan-European influences:
- Two entrees from selections like linguine in Alfredo or a lighter white wine, olive oil and garlic sauce with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, pancetta, spinach and pine nuts, topped with chicken or clams; wagyu beef petite sirloin with celery root puree and the vegetable of the day; or panko-crusted crab cakes topped with mango salsa and served with lemongrass risotto (up to $24 each)
- A shared dessert like the vanilla butternut squash creme brulee topped with caramelized sugar and whipped cream, or the "signature" dessert according to Oregon Coast Today: the "visually arresting" Napoleon, a layered puff pastry of lemon curd and whipped cream, served with locally made marionberry compote (up to $8)
- Two glasses of red or white wine: Select the LaVelle Riesling, Stangeland Chardonnay or Lorelli Cabernet Sauvignon, all local to Oregon (up to $8 each)
If the weather is chilly, ask to be seated near the travertine fireplace when making your reservation.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Nov. 2, through Jan. 22, 2013. Reservations are required and are subject to availability. Valid for lunch or dinner. This deal is not valid on Saturdays, on holidays or holiday weekends. Restaurant is closed on Wednesdays, and from Nov. 11-14 and Dec. 23-28. Not valid during special events. Limit 2 vouchers per table. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms