By Travelzoo Staff
The Travel Channel calls Ace Adventure Resort an extreme resort to check out, saying that "rafters will delight in the whitewater found on the Gauley and the New Rivers." Starting at $75, Travelzoo subscribers can save up to 50% on a two-night camping and rafting getaway at this 1,500-acre park in the West Virginia wild.
Why we love it
- The Travel Channel calls Ace Adventure an extreme resort to "check out"
- Packages for 1, 2 or 4 people include 2 nights of camping
- Bring your own gear or rent a tent and sleeping kit ($5-$10)
- Tackle more than 20 Class II-IV rapids on West Virginia's Lower New River
- The all-day rafting trip includes riverside lunch
April 23, 2013 - Oct. 31, 2013
Ace Adventure Resort
1 Concho Rd.
Minden, WV 25879
- With this Local Deal, reserve an all-day white-water rafting trip on the Lower New River and spend two nights at a centrally located campsite. Select from the following packages:
- $75 (reg. $145) for one person
- $149 (reg. $290) for two people
- $279 (reg. $580) for four people
- Each campsite is within easy walking distance of shower and restroom facilities and includes a campfire area and picnic table. Four-person tents can be rented for $10 and sleeping kits (sleeping bag and a pillow) are available for $5.
- During an all-day rafting trip on the Lower New River, climb into a 16-foot "Great Value" raft and tackle more than 20 Class II-IV rapids. Trips include a grilled riverside lunch and ample time for body surfing and swimming.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, April 25, through Oct. 31, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays, including May 25-27, July 4-7 and Sept.1. Not valid on Saturdays from May 4-Oct. 19. Must be at least 11 years old to raft. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms