By Jen Lee
AFAR Magazine loves the "unusual drinks" at the brand-new Mix Up Bar nestled inside the AAA 4-Diamond Royal Palms Desert Springs.
Why we love it
- Craft drinks "deliver on the promise of being 'garden-to-glass'" (Phoenix New Times)
- Travel + Leisure Top 500 resort in the world
- Taste the inventive dishes of chef Paul McCabe, a James Beard "rising star"
- Creative cocktail ingredients such as sage and red apple
Nov. 21, 2013 - Jan. 31, 2014
The Mix Up Bar at Royal Palms Resort & Spa
5200 E. Camelback Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85018
- $25 (reg. $52) for any two cocktails and any two snacks from the menu
Hand-crafted concoctions such as the Wild Saffron with organic rye vodka, fresh pineapple juice and saffron or the Great Grape Escape with seasonal grapes, G'Vine gin, grapevine flower liqueur, lime and sparkling wine
Try offbeat plates such as the smoked potato croquettes and foie gras bratwurst
Spend the night at this Conde Nast Traveler 2013 Gold List hotel for 45% off regular rates
The fine print
Reservations not required. Not valid on holidays. Please tip on the full value; 18-20% is customary for good service. Limit one voucher per party per visit. Valid for two diners only (one drink per person). Menu subject to change.
See all terms